Thursday, January 11, 2007

Felted Beads Experiment

Before I forget, if any of you have made anything (and I mean anything at all) with my yarns I’d really love to have photos of them to add to my online Flickr gallery. Please? :)

I spun four bundles of roving last night. I am much pleased. Once they twist set (after the move) the listing will begin!

I’ve been wanting to make felted beads for a while now and whenever I spin I occasionally have little bits of roving fluff that end up sitting on the side.

*hangs head*…Usually I throw the bits of fluff away. Or give them to Smitty to molest. But no more I say! Last night I thought I’d give the beads a try and lo, it worked! And fantastically if I do say so my self! I made eight last night in all different colors, none much bigger than a marble. Oh and a tube shaped one that kind of looks like a blue joint.

Hm. Anyway.

I brought them in this morning to show Dr. H and she said “Make more! Those are gorgeous! If you put those together with silver spacers in between for a necklace I’d buy it immediately.”

Yay!

It gives me that much more ambition to really branch out with my Etsy store.

These are the beads I made last night. They aren't completely dry yet, but when they are, they will be easy to push a sewing needle through.

1 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Deneen said...

Those are cool looking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker