Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hot off the Etsy Press...

I Despise My Former Boss Sale

How ironic that a year after the worst experience of my professional career I find myself listing these beads.

Backstory: A year ago today my husband and I uprooted our lives and moved several hours away to begin working for a lady (and I use the term loosely) who lured us to her company by promising us a plethora of things (health insurance, amazing salaries, travel, profit sharing, food on the table) that never materialized.

Let this be a lesson to you: If it sounds too good to be true, it definitely is. Oh and contracts. VALID contracts! Do as I say, not as I do!

In the middle of the summer my former boss knew I had a big collection of beads on hand and asked me if she could “borrow” some of them to use to entertain her granddaughters. At the time I gave in, thinking it would be a nice thing to do despite the fact that I was miserable, we were financially ruined and my family was starving to death. I’m kind of crazy like that.

A week later the trays of beads were returned picked over and virtually empty. Instead of compensating me monetarily for cleaning out my supply, she gave me this lot of beads.

They are pretty, beautiful even, but I can’t look at them without breaking out into hives and wanting to swear uncontrollably. Since I’m trying to set a good example for my son I’m going to skip the swearing and crazy raving about my past and list them here.

21 wood (maybe bamboo?) handpainted beads with a leopard print pattern. Rawr!



30 round wood handpainted beads with a daisy pattern. Sweet!



3 decent sized packages of E beads. One package of pink, on light blue and one gunmetal/rainbow. More than enough to mess with.



4 jasper and agate heart focal beads, drilled from top to bottom. 9 white opaque glass beads with bands of red and blue. 2 millefiori focal beads.



6 chevron beads.



Oh, for the record? I totally landed on my feet. Moved myself and my family back home and my husband and I found awesome jobs working for people who have a conscience, aren’t pathological liars and/or complete sociopaths.

Yay for us! Yay for beads!

It’s been suggested to me that I take a hammer to the beads to aid in my therapy and healing but that would just be insulting to the beads. Won’t you give them a decent home? I promise to use the money from the sale of these beads for something entirely frivolous because I can afford food and can heat my house now, no thanks to her.

I'll even ship them for free! Please, just get them out of my sight!

1 Comments:

At 3:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

How much for all?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker