Tuesday, January 09, 2007

More Kool Aid Dyeing

Originally posted November 26, 2005

I read up on dyeing yarn with food coloring and discovered that in order to make sure the colors don’t fade over time that you have to make sure that the food coloring has citric acid in it and add some white vinegar to the mix as well. So far I haven’t tried any major experiments with food coloring other than a small skein a couple weeks ago, but I did find some cake decorating gel colors that I’m going to do some swatch tests on to see how it turns out.

This yarn is a mixture of Kool-Aid and food coloring. I dyed it a more pastel shade on purpose, but the darker areas are where I dropped bits of food coloring.

This is all Kool-Aid dye, it’s a mixture of flavors Tamarindo and Jamaica.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker