Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Fowl Minded

Occasionally I do something and it turns out so much better than I had anticipated that I probably get way too excited about it.

Yes, tonight is one of those nights.

After dinner this evening we all hopped in the car and went for a drive to visit the big waterfront park near our house. As we walked I slowly became aware of the huge abundance of shed duck and goose feathers that were littering the grass.

It only took another mile of walking before the lightbulb came on.

So I started picking them up as we made our way back to the car. And the husband said “What are you up to? This involves future yarns, doesn’t it?”

Then he helped me pick up feathers and so did Jacob.

We came home with these:



And after about 30 minutes of dyeing, rinsing and drying in the oven I had these:









Oh come on, are you not amused? ;)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!


Me Want...

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Deneen said...

And what are you gonna do with them now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker