Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Updateable

Still here, still spinning. Though not as much as I’d like to lately because it has been so disgustingly hot here. I’d like to know when Montana turned into Nevada. Especially when I see we are flirting with the same temps that Vegas has of late.

Ick.

So yeah, the last thing I want to do is sit with a bunch of wool in my lap while I try to spin. And dyeing wool is pretty much out of the question because heating up the kitchen is torture.

Oh summer, just go away a little bit. Not too much. Actually, I welcome fall.

Still going strong on the Etsy front, I do enjoy it a lot. As when hot temps hit last year yarn sales slowed down but hey, I totally get it. I don’t feel like spinning!



I have been making blended batts and roving on my drum carder in the evenings. I will either have quite a bit of fiber to spin when I finally feel up to it or I’ll have plenty to sell when the time comes. I have a hard time parting with my roving once it’s dyed though, I always want to spin it for myself to see what kind of yarn it will make!

Otherwise good and like I said, still around. I have gotten involved in some truly lovely swaps at Flickr via groups I belong to. I miss swapping on a more regular basis, I should get involved again. I do enjoy getting nice mail. :)

Anyway, I guess that’s it for now. Hopefully in the future I shall have more to share!

3 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Jamie D. said...

Your yarn is beautiful, as always Joy. I just need to get rid of some of my "stash" so I can justify purchasing some of your yummy combos! It would make such lovely christmas gifts (and warm hats/scarves too!).

I don't blame you for not wanting to spin...but hey, we get summer for such a short time that fall will be here before you know it. Hang in there!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Jamie D. said...

One question - have you thought about entering your yarns in the fair? I bet you'd win some ribbons...might be worth a try! (I'm working on posting fair schedules, and thought of you).

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Jamie D. said...

I could have left you the web site address: www.montanafair.com. Click on "exhibitors" for handbooks, entry forms, deadlines, etc. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker