Monday, August 13, 2007

Evolution of a yarn

I had some bits and pieces of roving that I kettle dyed over the weekend, when dry it looked like this:



And I wasn’t really thrilled with it.

So I ran it through my drum carder and pulled the batts into roving and it got this lovely result:







Then I spun enough for one skein and the early returns on the yarn are this:



I am happy!

Then I ran one of my Bedlam batts through the carder and pulled it into roving, I can’t wait to spin this!



Tada and stuff. Good night.

2 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Jamie D. said...

Those are both just gorgeous, Joy. Have you been to the fair yet? A co-worker of mine was doing a spinning demonstration Sunday...

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Jamie D. said...

Joy - I can't find your email address, and have something you might like...can you email me at jamie@fuller.net when you get time? Sorry I'm so unorganized!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker