Thursday, August 23, 2007

Faux Jacob Roving Project

In yarny news, I’ve been working on a new project. I really wanted to get some Jacob fleece and dye it in a rainbow colors but alas, Jacob fleece is rare and expensive. Feh. So I dug out some natural gray merino fleece I have a metric ton of. Then I dyed some white merino in rainbow colors. Then I blended each color with the gray and pulled it into roving.

So, like this:

White merino dyed:



Carded batts:



Roving:



First Skein:



Nifty, huh? I spun a second skein last night and will finish the rest tonight. It’s been a lot of work but I’ve had fun with it.

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Jamie D. said...

Very nice...and yes, it does look like a lot of work! :-) The colors are lovely...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker